Safety and Security Measures
Temperature Screening and Monitoring Health Status
〇 For Customers
- We are taking temperatures and asking all customers if they are in good health.
In addition, we are checking the route taken to the hotel, including overseas travel history of guests staying overnight upon check-in.
〇 For Employees
Handwashing, Gargling, and Sanitizing Hands
- We are taking temperatures and asking all employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers) if they are in good health. We are also checking the physical wellbeing of our employees’ families.
〇 For Customers
- We encourage all customers to sanitize their hands. Non-alcoholic hand sanitizers are available in all public areas (lobbies, restaurants, event venues, toilets, etc.).
〇 For Employees
Wearing of Masks and Gloves
- All employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers) are required to wash their hands, gargle, and sanitize their hands every hour. Alcohol-based sanitizers are available at all employee areas.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfection
- We require all customers and employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers) to wear masks.
- Some employees (front desk, bell staff, and housekeeping) are required to wear gloves.
- We will enhance the cleaning and disinfection of areas with high levels of contact with the general public, such as lobbies and surrounding areas (including elevator buttons, escalator handrails, toilets, etc.). We have also switched off the bidet (function) in public toilets.
- In addition to standard cleaning procedures, we are enhancing the cleaning and disinfection of areas subject to frequent hand-touching (including doorknobs, remote controls for TVs and air conditioners, telephones, chairs and tables, writing instruments, switches, flushing lever handles for toilets, paper holders and faucets, bathtub and shower handles, hairdryers, in-room information provided in guest rooms, etc.) and the bidet nozzles in guest rooms.
- Equipment at restaurants and banquet halls (doorknobs, tables, chairs, menus, tableware, condiment containers, microphones, cloakroom tags, etc.) are cleaned and disinfected after each use. In addition, we are enhancing the washing of tableware and cleaning of the kitchen.
Ensuring Social Distancing
- We will enhance cleaning and disinfection of areas with a high probability of physical interaction in the employee areas.
- We have set up infection prevention shields at front desks to minimize the amount of face-to-face contact between customers and employees.
- We have implemented measures for customers to keep wider gaps between themselves and those in front or behind when lining up at front desks.
- We have implemented measures for customers to keep wider gaps between themselves and those around them at restaurants and event venues.
- In order to prevent crowding of elevators and smoking areas, we are implementing maximum occupancy rules.
- We are promoting cashless payment at the front desk and restaurants. We are also not passing money directly by hand but rather placing it on the cash tray.
- A Request to Our Hotel Guests
- We ask that you wear a mask and use the alcohol-based disinfectant on your hands and fingers when you arrive at our hotels.
- Please cooperate with us during temperature screenings and health checks at the entrance when you arrive at the hotel, restaurants or event venues.
(We are refusing entry to those with temperatures above 37.5°, those showing symptoms of cough, and those who are in poor health.)
- We have made alcohol-based disinfectant available at various spots around the hotels, so please use as necessary to sterilize your hands and fingers.
- Please cooperate with us to ensure proper social distancing when lining up at the front desk or using elevators and escalators.
If during your stay you start to feel ill, please contact a nearby member of staff.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation in order to maintain a safer environment going forward.
We will continue to monitor the advice of the national government, specialized agencies, and various local governments regarding prevention measures, to implement new measures as necessary, and to give maximum priority to the health and safety of our staff and customers.